Something to ask? A comment to make on ArtThrob? Email us at email@example.com All queries answered by Paul Edmunds, Feedback Editor.
From: Craig Belknap firstname.lastname@example.org
I am currently a registered 3rd year art history student at Unisa, (a returning student after 25 years), and am working on a project and need to find some info on Irma Stern and the history of women in South Africa as pertaining to the arts and repressions etc. I lived in SA for 36 years, and moved back to the States 6 years ago. Is there any help that you can provide as regards references, books, web sites etc. I would be very much obliged for any assistance whatsoever.
- There are two books by Marion Arnold which may be of use to you. The first, 'Women and Art in South Africa', was published in 1996 by St. Martin's Press in New York. The second, published in SA in 1995 is called 'Irma Stern: Feast for the Eye' by Neville Dubow. These books should help.
From: Mark Wilby email@example.com
I am trying to locate the artist Simon Ford. Could he, or anyone knowing of his whereabouts, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I don't know him personally, but perhaps he or someone who knows him can get in contact with you.
From: Louise Botha email@example.com
- Dear Louise,
There is a short piece on Billy Mandindi in 'Resistance Art in South Africa' by Sue Williamson which should be in your school library, but you could contact Billy Mandindi yourself at his studio in Greatmore Studios in Woodstock. Phone (021) 447-9699.
From: Finnbogi Pétursson firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and greetings from Iceland
- Sorry Finnbogi, we've never heard of him but perhaps someone reading this may be able to help
From: Julian Smith email@example.com
Please supply me with a contact email address, or phone number of Konrad Welz. Alternatively, please ask him to contact me via email.
- The email address you ask for is firstname.lastname@example.org
From: Oliver Burgold email@example.com
Ladies and Gentleman,
I am writing to you from Frankfurt, Germany where I just saw a report on CNN about Ishmael Thyssen. I am overwhelmed by the expression and power of his "wood paintings" and would like to know if it is possible to get list of his current works on sale. I would very much appreciate to know about the prices as well if it would be possible to ship to Germany. For your kind help in this matter I thank you very much in advance.
- Your email has been forwarded to Estelle Jacobs, director of the Association for the Visual Arts where he recently exhibited.
Hello, I like your stylez I'm Rikke Korswagen from Holland (Europe) and I wondered if some African graffiti-artist or writer would like to trade pics and e-mails? Maybe you can contact me with some interested artists?
- Hopefully someone will see your letter here and get in contact with you. We have no shortage of graffiti artists and writers here.